Didn't do too much on my days off either. Tibs rented a couple movies. One's playing right now, and looks decent so far, "Man on Fire" with Denzel Washington. The other one we watched last night, "Dark Horizon", was pretty horrible for a sci-fi flick. Of course, where we rent it only costs us $1 a DVD, so we tend to take more chances on what we rent than we normally would. :)
Feeling kinda geeky since yesterday, so I went mad crazy looking for good extensions for my Firefox web browser. Yep, I actually managed to bog down Firefox! Of course, I tweaked a few settings in the about:config page, so now it loads pages as fast as Opera. ;) In case you're a Firefox user and don't know, version 1.0PR has recently been released! Go check it out. :)
Anyway, here's a list of the extensions I currently have installed. I've bolded extensions that are must-haves, and italicized those that are must-haves depending upon what you use. :)
- Adblock - Filters ads from web-pages.
- Allow Right-Click - Defeats web sites' right-click prevention scripts.
- BugMeNot - Bypass compulsory web registration with the context menu via www.bugmenot.com
- Dictionary Search - Looks up selected word in an online dictionary.
- Disable Targets For Downloads - Prevents download links from opening a blank window.
- Download Manager Tweak - A modification of the Firefox download manager that changes its appearance.
- Download Status Bar - View downloads in an auto-hide status bar.
- EMbuttons - Buttons to invoke the Extension and Theme managers.
- EZNav - Middle-click existing buttons for additional navigation.
- Favicon Picker - This extension adds UI for replacing bookmark icons.
- Gmail Notifier - A notifier for Gmail accounts
- ieview - Opens pages in IE via Firefox menus.
- Image Zoom - Adds zoom functionality for images.
- Linkification - Surrounds plain text URLs with anchor tags.
- Sage - A lightweight RSS and ATOM feed aggregator.
- Show Failed URL - Displays failed URLs in the Location Bar when XUL error pages are enabled.
- Show Old Extensions - Display pre-0.9 extensions in the manager.
- Stop/Reload - A combined Stop and Reload toolbar button.
- Tabbrowser Extensions - Improves tabbed browsing.
- Tabbrowser Extensions:Toolbar Enhancements Patch - This resolves conflict of TBE with "Toolbar Enhancements" extension.
- TargetAlert - Provides visual cues for the destination of hyperlinks.
- text/plain - Treats selected plain text urls, and email addresses as links and adds options to the context menu on how to use these.
- Toolbar Enhancements - Adds various toolbar buttons and increases toolbar configurability.
- WebmailCompose - Makes mailto: links load your webmail's compose page and adds a compose link to the context menu.